Because apparently it is very hard. It is also hard to follow my speech. My hope is that this blog will give people a little bit of insight into how my mind works (very spatially). Enjoy! And comment if you visit, so I know who is leaving love!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

In Chicago

you need to check under your car for people. Why? I will soon tell you. But this shocked me, as a San Fran girl, I was taught to look in the backseat and the bed of my truck for people. How someone would get into my car without my knowledge (I guess if I left it unlocked?), I do not know. But still, we were always supposed to check the backseat. And I usually did, especially on a dark night, in an unfamiliar place. Even at familiar places (um Em, I have checked the bed of my truck/the backseat of the focus when I left your house), because sometimes I get creeped out.

But why under your car? Because in Chicago someone will lie under your car and then slit your ankle (the achilles is killer) and then run off with your car and your money. My boss taught me this at our staff dinner at Outback. It is totally crazy, but I find myself peering under my truck from time to time. (not like bending down and looking under, cuz that makes me vulnerable, and the person underneath could just shoot me in the face). haha

Oh and I saw an episode of something on tv where this guy hit a woman over the head with a handle of rum. It was crazy. Never do that

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fortunately, this wives tale has never had a single reported case of it actually happening. It's been around for quite some time, as well.