Because apparently it is very hard. It is also hard to follow my speech. My hope is that this blog will give people a little bit of insight into how my mind works (very spatially). Enjoy! And comment if you visit, so I know who is leaving love!

Thursday, August 30, 2007

No longer a student

After 17 years of school. I am no longer a student. (until a year or so from now). It sunk in last night. Some of us from Praxis went to the U of R to pray for the school and I realized it was freshmen move in day. Exactly 4 years to the day had gone by since I started college. I saw all of the freshies walking down ad hill after screaming the Och Tamale. Then as I approached the Chapel I saw all of the tables from dinenr being taken down. It is a dinner with your freshman seminar and your parents. It was just surreal that I am not going there anymore. I called my dad and we got a little nostalgic.

Then I called Lisa. The girl who I met 4 years ago to the day and who has become a great friend. We talked about how much things had changed and how much we have all grown up. Looking back at that first day, I remember feeling anxious. I liked my roommates and hoped they liked me. And a little sad that my parents were leaving. And I met people who would change my life. Lisa and I thought we would be closer to Kell in the end, but really, it is Lisa and I who bonded and will continue to keep in touch. We do not talk all that often. But our weekly phoen calls keep us up to date, and I love hearing about her busy life. (she really is in the real world, being staffed at a huge company). Last night we talked about things such as health insurance, other benefits, and 401K plans. Something I had no idea about 4 years ago.

I guess this all goes to say it is weird to be done with school. But I am so glad I had this amazing experience. AND I think I will get to see some old friends come October for Centennial!

No comments: