Because apparently it is very hard. It is also hard to follow my speech. My hope is that this blog will give people a little bit of insight into how my mind works (very spatially). Enjoy! And comment if you visit, so I know who is leaving love!

Thursday, April 12, 2007

it's been awhile

but nobody seems to read my blog. So does it really matter? haha I am still not sure, but I liked getting out my thoughts on the page, so I will continue. Or maybe, restart.

So what I have been thinking about is my job. For so long I ran away from construction. I never wanted to be stressed out and upset like my mom. She always seemed to have a tough time in the construction world, not because she was not good, but because small business construction is very hard. Well now I am working in the estimating department at Matich and actually liking it. My boss wants to prepare me so that I can go on and do this in the future, maybe for McNely, but I am still a little wary. And I always look down on people who stay in Redlands after graduation. Well not everyone, but the people who stay on campus and just do not want to leave. Guess who is staying in Redlands now? haha God is slowly teaching me humility. And I was going to leave praxis the second I was done with college... guess who is staying in Praxis on leadership? haha

Another thing, I never knew how much working at McNely would train me for the real world. Here are some of the things I did while there: record retention (throwing away a lot of old junk), shredding (tons and tons, we are talking 8 large trash bags a week), scanning and printing plan sets, delivering plans. And here I have started a little shredding (mostly when the grandson hasn't come in recently). And yesterday, I did some plan copying. Their machine is very very old (okay like 5 years is old for plan scanners) compared to the one at MCC. But I was laughing as I looked copied the plans, because I thought I had gotten away from that too.
To end this post I will begin pictures of the day... again.... or maybe just a few pictures for today! haha

Easter 2007...









Photos taken by Emily Atwood, best cuzzo ever

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find that people will read what you have to say if you give them a chance to relate to it. It also helps to interact with other bloggers, which also helps your writing get better.

As for the construction stuff -- you're crazy to want to copy/scan for the rest of your life! :O)

Megan said...

haha but my life is so interesting that people shouldn't have to be prompted. jk. Can I borrow your old roommates? They used to blog! haha

Oh and I don't want to scan for the rest of my life, it is more estimating and such that I would do. And I'm not set in stone about anything

lauren said...

i love that you have a blog. you should keep it updated. and the pictures are adorable