Because apparently it is very hard. It is also hard to follow my speech. My hope is that this blog will give people a little bit of insight into how my mind works (very spatially). Enjoy! And comment if you visit, so I know who is leaving love!

Friday, November 18, 2005

Harry Potter

... came out last night... amazing! haha Actually I thought it was a good movie overall.

If you read the book... then be prepared for a lot of missing things. They will probably not be noticed if you have read it more than a month ago, but seeing as i just re-read it, I picked up on many things. For instance, there were no house-elves, but that was widely known previously. Also, Fred and George did not have their whole wand and candy business, they had a few shots of them selling things, but nothing like the book desribes. Also, no time at the Dursley's, so no ton-toungue candy for Dudley. Oh, and the Quidditch scene was very very short, seeing as it was the world cup and had huge importance in the book. That was quite sad, the crowd wasn't too happy when it ended abruptly.

But if you did not read the book and are just in it for the movies... then it is a great catch. Everything is developing in this book, the dark side, romance (Harry and Cho, Vicktor Krum and Hermione), and more. It is darker than the first three, and Harry and Ron seem to be going through adolescene, which will be of greater importance in the fifth movie.

Even to I, the faithful book reader and movie watcher, I really liked this movie. I understand that they needed to cut some things out, and while I did miss some of the regular things of Hogwarts (there is almost no actual time in class), I did enjoy the movie.

Go see it.... review of Pride and Prejudice to be seen later, as I plan on seeing that this weekend

No comments: