Because apparently it is very hard. It is also hard to follow my speech. My hope is that this blog will give people a little bit of insight into how my mind works (very spatially). Enjoy! And comment if you visit, so I know who is leaving love!

Friday, June 16, 2006

Ukulele Club

My dad plays uke in a class in Berkley. They performed with their teacher, Bobo, in Santa Cruz tonight at the Ukulele Club. It was so much fun. It was an "Everly Brothers" night and 4 out of 6 songs were sad sad love songs. This one rang so true.

"Bye bye love, Bye bye happiness, Hello loneliness
I think I'm a gonna cry
Bye bye love, Bye bye sweet caress, Hello emptiness
I feel like I could die, Bye bye my love bye bye"
~The Everly Brothers, Bye Bye Love

Well it doens't completely ring true. But it is a good song and I can relate to parts of it. Sad days. This next song (not played at the club, but played on the Carrie Underwood cd heard while I was nannying today) also relates to the next step in my life. This is where I want to be going,

"Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
'Cause I can't do this on my own
I'm letting go
Give me one more chance
Save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel"
~Carrie Underwood, Jesus Take the Wheel

No comments: