Because apparently it is very hard. It is also hard to follow my speech. My hope is that this blog will give people a little bit of insight into how my mind works (very spatially). Enjoy! And comment if you visit, so I know who is leaving love!

Monday, September 17, 2007

Deutsch 101

Ring Ring.

Hallo?

Hello this is the LA Times
Die Zeitung? Hast du die Zeitung auf Deutsch?
Um maam do you speak english?
Nein! Ich bin Deutsch
Is there anyone in your house the speaks English?
Nein! Wir komme nach Deutschland und wir sprecht only Deutsch
Do you under stand me?
Nein. No
You speak a little English Maam
Nein.

Hang up the phone. That was the conversation between me and the lady with the LA Times. We get almost daily calls from them trying to get us to sign up for the paper. My new tactic... speak German. Because you know they will find someone who can speak Spanish to me. So now I have a new way to treat telemarketers... bring it on!

Oh and Matthew was around when this happened and could not stop laughing! Well, he could not stop laughing once I told him what I was saying later. He thought I was talking to my mom.

3 comments:

N said...

thats awesome. i wish i spoke german so i can do that to people.

The Ton Face said...

Ha, very clever, I enjoyed that I could understand what you said to them... I don't enjoy that I have to type the stupid little word verification when I leave you a comment. I'm not buying concert tickets.

lauren said...

i also liked that i could mostly understand. and this is quite funny. have they stopped calling?