Because apparently it is very hard. It is also hard to follow my speech. My hope is that this blog will give people a little bit of insight into how my mind works (very spatially). Enjoy! And comment if you visit, so I know who is leaving love!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm engaged

For reals this time. and it feels great! Many of you want to know the story... so here it is!

Matt and I were supposed to go to Disneyland last night, so he was picking me up from work at 4. Around 3 45 he text messages me and says he is running late and it has been "one of those days". I say okay and for him just to call me when he gets here. He does, only 5 minutes late, but looks at me and says "You will not believe this, I lost my Disneyland pass." I just laughed and told him i had it in my purse, where he left it. He seemed releived. But then opened the center console to get his wallet out and realized he left it at home. At this point I am just kinda laughing and realizing we probably won't make it to disneyland. About halfway to his house, he says "I am so stressed, today was just terrible, I need to go sit and breathe, we are going to a park." I agree and just sit in the car and wait for him to calm down as we get to prospect park. He opens my door and gets me out, where i see the in n out and picnic things in his toolbox! that sneaky guy! I look at him and say "We aren't going to disneyland, are we?" He laughs and says no. As we sit down on the picnic blanket, he gives me a book that he made for me. It was pictures of us from before we dated, all through our relationship, and the next to last page was pictures of us at prospect park. I turn the page to read "Megan, will you marry me?" I look at him and start crying, as he is on one knee with the ring. Of course I agreed. After we spent some time together, and finally got to say i love you, we made the phone calls. Then we showed up at Praxis, right at the end, and I went to the mic and said "I have one more announcement, and it's this..." and pointed at the ring. Everyone cheered and was way stoked for us. Then Mark prayed for us. All in all, a wonderful day & night!

Photos:
Getting the camera a few minutes after... so happy!


Me and the Ring!

The happy couple!

Finally uncorking the Champagne

10 comments:

krista said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Congratulations to both of you.
I can't wait to see your beautiful ring. I am happy for you!
If you need any wedding planning expertise, ask away :) Have a great first whole day of being engaged!

N said...

CONGRATS!
if you need a wedding singer, davis and i would be more than happy. we can bust out escalade as you walk down the aisle.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited! can't wait to see you both next weekend. We have a lot to talk about ... :)

Love, Mom

krista said...

glad you added pics- your ring is gorgeous :)
we planned ours in 5. 6 is very do-able :) you just have to get a few things done right away. we got married in costa mesa.
i know of a really good planning/organizational book from borders/barnes and noble too if you want the info i can find it.
email me if you have ?s.
kristagradias@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I am so happy and excited for the two of you! I know that God is going to continue to bless you and use you both mightily.
~Adah

Anonymous said...

If Nathan and Davis will do "Escalade" as Megan comes down the aisle I'll moonwalk at the reception.
~Mom K.

lauren said...

as soon as i left you that myspace comment i came on here to see if the story was posted and i was plesantly suprised to see that it was. he did well.

Megan said...

Thanks everyone for the comment love! And Mom, you can do the moonwalk if you really want! haha

And Lauren, he did very well. i'm proud of him!

moxleyfam said...

congrats megan!!! we are happy for you guys and praying for you during this fun yet stressful engagement process.

Cody and Amy

Leslie said...

love the engagement story! and what a beautiful ring!!