Because apparently it is very hard. It is also hard to follow my speech. My hope is that this blog will give people a little bit of insight into how my mind works (very spatially). Enjoy! And comment if you visit, so I know who is leaving love!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Needing to Vent

I am a girl (duh) which means I let things get bottled up for a few hours or days and then need to get them out. These are the things on my mind right now.

1. Poverty. Why do we have so much money in America and yet there are so many poor places that need help. I want to save up money to paint my truck, but then I think, that 20 dollars a week could be feeding a family of 4 for a month (on the streets). And then do not get me started about other countries... Africa, anyone? I mean, there is a lot that is being done. but what are YOU doing? I am going to look into ways to invest in others. Whether it is making 500 shoeboxes of Christmas presents for kids in Mexico (that I am organizing) or building a lofthouse in Mexico (going this weekend hopefully) or supporting a child in another country, or doing something right here in the Inland Empire. I think I am going to contact a shelter and see if they can take a constant canned food donation. and get people excited. I hate that wealth is so unequally spread. (yet there is a part of me that wants a house and a car... I need to find the right balance).

2. Love and Grace. I know God has it for me, in abundance. I just cannot figure out how to drink of his Love. I want to overflow His love to others, but feel like it has all been drained out of me. I wish God's love was a fruit I could pick, and just eat of it whenever I needed replenishing. So you can pray for me, that I would listen to God and receive his Love.

3. Patience. I am very anxious about things that are in the near future. But I know I need to be patient and let things unfold on their own.

4. High Schoolers. I am starting to lead a discipleship group with the high school group of Trinity. Last night was our first meeting and it was lots of fun. I was with the Seniors, but we do not know if that is going to continue (they may need me with freshman and sophmores). However, I do not feel much older than them. I mean, I am four years older. But it does not feel that way. I always feel very young in comparison to others. Unless they are acting really immature, the I get really fed up. But I am excited to see what God is going to do this year with that.

5. MIND GAMES. This is my final thing to rant about. This one and the first are the only ones that I am really frustrated with. The other three are just on my mind. Okay. Let's stop playing mind games, people. Do you really have nothing better to do than lie to me about stupid things that do not matter? And am I to blame for being a caring person and thinking that people would not lie to me? I guess so. Pooh pooh on you Megan, way to give people the benefit of the doubt and trust them. Okay but seriously, stop telling me you are going to be late to something when you are right outside, that's stupid and upsets me. (at least Matthew, my wonderful boyfriend, knows this angers me and does not do this, thank you Matty)

No comments: