Because apparently it is very hard. It is also hard to follow my speech. My hope is that this blog will give people a little bit of insight into how my mind works (very spatially). Enjoy! And comment if you visit, so I know who is leaving love!

Thursday, December 01, 2005

actually

I have more to say. but i needed to write that blog like that for effect.

So last night was the Invisible Children screening. It was awesome. We had a packed house in Orton... people were standing in the back and sitting on the floor in the front. Amazing. Word really got out.. plus Greeks had to go, so they brought along their friends as well. Laren, one of the producers, is really cool, altho I think I talked to much and made him bored. Oh well I probly will not ever see him again, so no biggee. But we had 11 people sign up to host a sewing party. And we sold so much, I think we made at least a thousand, if not two or three thousand dollars. Splendid. They have this new program called Invisible Academy. They take kids who have been affected by the war and that have potential and put them into secondary school (which is not free for them). It is a boarding school, so they are safe from rebels. They also give each child a mentor, who is in their 20s and lived through the rebel stuff (night commuters, some kidnapped, etc) and have made their way through school and are doing something with their lives. It costs $70 a month to put a kid through school completely. This seems really expensive to me, but I wonder how much my college education averages out to in a month. I do not even want to think about it. Oh, and there are 250 kids in the Academy right now (150 girls and 100 boys). So wonderful.

I wish I could do more

No comments: