Because apparently it is very hard. It is also hard to follow my speech. My hope is that this blog will give people a little bit of insight into how my mind works (very spatially). Enjoy! And comment if you visit, so I know who is leaving love!

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Holidays

Are supposed to bring good cheer, right? Well they bring Emily pain, in her ears:

moemarsita: OMG OMG
moemarsita: WE HAVE CAROLERS
moemarsita: THEY'RE REALLY BAD

And they bring me feeling of being replaced, talking to Davis about how my parents took my little cousins tree shopping today:

GhettoBootsieMeg: i feel replaced!
DSLice INKrist: me too, me too
GhettoBootsieMeg: haha
DSLice INKrist: next thing you know, they're gonna get them to decorate the tree too
GhettoBootsieMeg: i know!

haha But there are also sad times. LikeI used to love this one tree shop, but apparently it is no more, and I just found it comical how my mom said it:

buildermomck: corey's, the one with the old lady with the cider, is closed now

That old lady was great! haha i miss the days of going tree shopping. It used to be a huge ordeal. When I was really young, Mom always made Christmas sweatshirts; she was a wonder with puff paints! haha And that one year i was riding in Uncle Warren's car, sitting in the backseat with Emily, when we saw the tree fall down the side of the car. Guess it was not tied on tight enough. haha But I do miss the days of tree shopping and Negri's and the apple farm. altho my mom and I have decided that I will one day go again, and she can treat my kids to apple cider and cookies. This is going to be in a long time tho! haha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It almost doesn't seem like Christmas at all without those things! Remember the Christmas trees we made with branches we collected? The apple farm with the wagon ride and the hill mound of God knows what.

I definitely remember those sweatshirts. I was a tad jealous, my mom didn't want to do that. I do have a specific memory of riding in your car, listening to Amy Grant's sleigh ride on the way to another farm. Oh my gosh, Megs! Those were the days!!!